Canapure Canola Oil
Raw Banana Kofta
400 grams raw banana or 3 medium to large raw bananas
1.5 cups for water for pressure cooking
10 cashews (chopped) or 14 to 16 roasted peanuts, coarsely crushed
½ inch ginger, finely chopped or ½ tsp finely chopped ginger
1 green chilli, finely chopped
½ to 1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
½ tsp cumin powder/jeera
1 tsp finely chopped mint leaves/pudina patta
2 tbsp arrow root flour or water chestnut flour or buckwheat flour or amaranth flour
rock salt as required
2 tbsp canola oil for pan frying
1. Take 3 medium to large raw unripe bananas in a pressure cooker. Add 1.5 cups water.
2. Pressure cook for 3 whistles or till the bananas have complete softened. Once they become warm, peel them and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Mash them with a potato masher or with a fork. Mash very well.
4. Then add all of the other ingredients, except oil. Mix very well.
5. Now take equal portions from the mixture and shape them into patties.
6. Heat 2 tbsp canola oil in a flat pan. When the oil becomes hot, place the koftas.
7. When the base is cooked and becomes light golden, turn over and fry the other side.
8. Flip for a couple of times more and pan fry the koftas till they become golden and crisp.
9. Then drain the fried koftas on kitchen paper towels.
10. Serve raw banana koftas with coconut chutney or coriander chutney or mint chutney